Clubs & Activities
Through clubs and activities students learn more about the agriculture communications industry, network with professionals, strengthen skills, build portfolios, establish friendships, and make memories.
Student Advancement Team
The ACJ Advancement Team, fondly known as the A-Team, is a student-led program recruitment and retention effort. You can think of this team as “Ag Ambassadors” exclusively for our degree program. Many high school students don’t know that agricultural communications exists as a career field. A-Team members work to develop materials and strategies to reach those students.
Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow
There are many ways to get involved in clubs and activities at K-State. Whether it's a club related to your major or participating in a community service project, the opportunities are endless. Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow is for those who want to communicate within the broad realm of agriculture. Our meetings include social, professional, and business aspects and are a great way to meet students in the agricultural communications major, as well as others. The group offers many opportunities for those looking to obtain further experience in communications. We are excited about this year and all that we have to offer! Look on this page, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages, for more information.
Annual dues for the 2022-2023 academic year can be paid with a credit card.
ACT Meeting Time
1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month (September-April) in Umberger 312.
ACT Club Goals
- Reach out to organizations within and outside the College of Agriculture through events.
- Provide members with necessary and useful tools in the field of agricultural communications and journalism by providing a checklist and interactive professional development activities.
- Host two philanthropy events per semester.
- Create and stick to a yearly budget.
- Increase communication with our members and the public by developing a social media plan and other communication platforms.
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Jacqueline Aenlle, firstname.lastname@example.org
New Requirements: To earn financial support from ACT to attend a professional development conference or Agricultural Media Summit, or to earn funding for contest registrations, dues must be paid and members must attend 70 percent of all ACT functions.
Click the boxes below to connect with ACT on various platforms.
ACT 2022-2023 Officers
Molly Biggs, President
Kady Figge, Vice President of Development
Kreed Curran, Vice President of Membership