Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow
Officers: Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow officers for 2017 are (back from left) Jill Seiler, President; Mary Marsh, Director of Public Relations; Samantha Albers, Vice President of Development; Chelsie Calliham, Secretary and Treasurer; Leah Giess, Vice President of Membership; Janae McKinney, Ag Council Representative
Through clubs and activities students learn more about the agriculture communications industry, network with professionals, strengthen skills, build portfolios, establish friendships, and make memories.
There are many ways to get involved in clubs and activities at K-State. Whether it's a club related to your major or participating in a community service project, the opportunities are endless. Ag Communicators of Tomorrow is for those who want to communicate within the broad realm of agriculture. Our meetings include social, professional, and business aspects and are a great way to meet students in the agricultural communications major, as well as others. The group offers many opportunities for those looking to obtain further experience in communications. We are excited about this year and all that we have to offer! Look on this page, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages, for more information.
ACT Club Goals
- Reach out to organizations within and outside the College of Agriculture through events.
- Provide members with necessary and useful tools in the field of agricultural communications and journalism by providing a checklist and interactive professional development activities.
- Host two philanthropy events per semester.
- Create and stick to a yearly budget, including raising $2,000 by May 2015.
- Increase communication with our members and the public by developing a social media plan and other communication platforms.
Jill Seiler, President
students in order to make them feel welcome and invited to grow
personally and professionally with us.
is sponsored by
the Department of Communications and Agricultural Education.