We hope faculty and staff of the Department of Communications and Agricultural Education will find this page helpful in staying up-to-date with department happenings.
CDC guidance regarding COVID-19 (September 2022)
We are sharing the following information and links with you to provide guidance on what to do if you are exposed or test positive and where to obtain free home test kits.
The CDC recently released streamlined guidance regarding COVID-19. You can read the full article on the CDC website.
- The CDC continues to promote the importance of being current with vaccination to prevent serious illness, hospitalization, and death.
- If you are exposed to COVID-19, you should wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on day 5.
- You should isolate yourself from others if you test positive, feel sick, or suspect you have COVID-19 but do not have test results.
- In addition to isolating, if you test positive, you should stay home for at least 5 days and wear a high-quality mask when you must be around others at home or in public.
- If after 5 days you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication, and your symptoms are improving or you never had symptoms, you may end your isolation.
- Regardless of when you end isolation, avoid being around people who are more likely to get very sick from COVID-19 until at least day 11.
- Wear a high-quality mask through day 10.
- If your symptoms worsen or restart after ending isolation, restart your isolation at day 0.
You may obtain COVID-19 rapid and PCR tests at:
Lafene Health Center
Walgreens Pharmacy (may incur a fee or bill insurance)
- 325 Bluemont Ave
- 2719 Anderson Ave
K-Stat Urgent Care (may incur a fee or bill insurance)
- 711 Commons Place by Target
Xpress Wellness Urgent Care (may incur a fee or bill insurance)
- 435 McCall Rd
Free at-home tests:
- Riley County Health Department – 2030 Tecumseh Rd (limit 2 per person)
- Manhattan Public Library – 629 Poyntz (limit 2 per person)
- US Postal Service – 16 kits per household (if you already registered, you can request more as of 05/17/2022)
Thank you for being mindful of yourself and those around you. Together we can stay healthy and stop the spread.
Honors and awards
Have you recently received an honor or award? If so, please send the information to email@example.com.
It’s important we keep this page updated since this information is frequently requested by various offices on campus.
- Department of Communications and Agricultural Education 2025 Strategic Action and Alignment Plan
- USDA/NIFA 2012 Review Document
- Response to Review Team Recommendations