Prospective Graduate Students
Admission deadlines for guaranteed review of applications: October 1 for spring admission, March 1 for summer admission, and May 1 for fall admission. Applications received after each deadline are not guaranteed to be reviewed until the following review period. Admission to the Master of Science degree program in Agricultural Education and Communication requires the following:
For graduates from colleges and universities in the United States
- A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the regional accrediting agency.
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of coursework. This GPA is based only on courses graded on a multilevel scale, usually A, B, C, D, F.
- For students who do not meet the above-stated GPA requirement, an alternative would be a combined verbal/quantitative score of 210 or higher on the Graduate Record Examination for tests taken after August 1, 2011.
- Recommendation letters from three people knowledgeable of the applicant's professional qualifications.
- A statement of purpose for pursuing the master’s degree
Graduates from colleges and universities outside the United States should contact the graduate coordinator, Dr. Jason Ellis, for admission requirements.
Applications received after each deadline are not guaranteed to be reviewed until the following review period.
The departmental graduate committee will meet as soon as possible after the application deadline to make admission decisions and assign an initial academic adviser to each student. Applicants will be notified of admission status soon after review. Admitted students are encouraged to visit with the academic adviser to select coursework for the first semester of study.
Distance students will work with Ag*IDEA campus coordinator Amanda Gnadt to proceed through the enrollment process.
Full-time residence students will work with their academic advisers to enroll.
Financial assistance is available for graduate students. For additional information click here.