Recruitment Systems Programmer
Overview of position
The department of Communications and Agricultural Education is recruiting for two systems programmers.The positions provide support for K-State Research & Extension and the College of Agriculture professionals in the adoption & use of information technology.
One position will be responsible for leading migration of content for K-State Research and Extension into the University’s content management system; leading development of web and mobile applications; developing and modifying information systems, including organizational databases, server side web technologies (content management systems) and other delivery technologies; preparing detailed project specifications, designing, coding, testing and debugging applications programs with other staff; supporting network development and maintenance duties with other staff and serving as a back-up to supervisor on projects as needed.
A second position will be responsible for determining the scope and objectives of projects through consultation with clientele; developing and modifying applications, including organizational databases, dynamic web pages, mobile web applications, and other delivery technologies; preparing detailed project specifications, designing, coding, testing and debugging and analyzing applications; working collaboratively with other programming staff within the unit, college and university. The incumbent will supervise student programmers as needed and provide expert advice to other internal project leaders and programmers; and, applying project management techniques to projects.
The Department of Communications and Agricultural Education is located on the Kansas State University – Manhattan campus. To learn more about the Manhattan community and the K-State campus, please visit the following web sites:
- Bachelor's degree or an associate degree in CIS or closely related field requiring a high degree software design and programming expertise.
- One year of experience required if candidate has a bachelor’s degree; three years of experience required if the candidate holds an associate’s degree.
- Experience must be with software development in a networked environment including information architecture of web-based systems; with SQL and relational database management systems.
- A strong commitment to expanding and fostering diversity is required.
- Candidate should possess a strong working knowledge of relational databases, designing database models, and knowledge of systems development life cycle and accessibility standards.
- Experience with dynamic websites and familiarity with Internet Information Services (lIS) and Microsoft Active Directory is preferred.
- Experience with mobile web development is highly preferred.
- Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills and a proven track record of completing projects on time.
- Experience with LAN’s
$60,000 - $70,000
To apply, send:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate) and e-mail address
Send via e-mail to: Debbie Webb, email@example.com
Send via postal mail:
Department of Communications and Agricultural Education
301 Umberger Hall
Manhattan KS 66506-3402
Screening of applicants will begin September 7, 2013 and will continue until position is filled. Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required.
These are unclassified positions of K-State Research and Extension. The Kansas State University benefit package includes a retirement plan, group health and life insurance plans, worker's compensation, vacation, sick leave and other benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons (including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era). EEO Coordinator: Stacey M. Warner, 121 Umberger Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506. EEO Counselor: Daryl D. Buchholz, 123 Umberger Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506.
Stacey M. Warner
Leader, Extension Operations