Recruitment Systems Programmer
Overview of position
The Department of Communications and Agricultural Education is recruiting for a systems programmer. The position will provide support for K-State Research and Extension and College of Agriculture professionals in the adoption and use of information technology.
The incumbent in this position will determine the scope and objectives of projects through consultation with clientele; develop and modify applications, including organizational databases, dynamic web pages, mobile web applications, and other delivery technologies; prepare detailed project specifications; design, code, test, debug, and analyze applications; and, collaborate with other programming staff within the unit, college, and university. The incumbent will apply effective project management techniques, provide expert advice to other internal project leaders, and may supervise student programmers as needed.
The Department of Communications and Agricultural Education is located on the Kansas State University campus in Manhattan. To learn more about the Manhattan community and the K- State campus, please visit the following web sites:
- Bachelor's degree or an associate degree in CIS or closely related field requiring a high degree of software design and programming expertise.
- One year of experience required if candidate has a bachelor’s degree; three years of experience required if the candidate holds an associate degree.
- Experience must be with software development in a networked environment including information architecture of Web-based systems, with SQL and relational database management systems.
- A strong commitment to expanding and fostering diversity is required.
- Demonstrated ability in designing Web-based applications using cascading style sheets.
- Candidate should possess a strong working knowledge of relational databases, designing database models, and knowledge of systems development life cycle and accessibility standards.
- Experience with dynamic websites and familiarity with Internet Information Services (lIS) and Microsoft Active Directory is preferred.
- Experience with mobile web development is highly preferred.
- Candidates should possess strong written and oral communication skills and a proven track record of completing projects on time.
- Experience with LAN’s, particularly Microsoft server operating systems.
- Experience in supervising and leading diverse teams.
$60,000 - $70,000 annually
To apply, send:
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications and skills related to the position
- Resume or curriculum vita listing education and employment history
- Three professional references including name, address, phone number (cell number if appropriate), and email address
Send via email to: Debbie Webb, email@example.com
Send via postal mail:
Department of Communications and Agricultural Education
301 Umberger Hall
Manhattan KS 66506-3402
Screening of applicants will begin April 18, 2014, and will continue until position is filled. Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. A background check is required.
This is an unclassified position of K-State Research and Extension. The Kansas State University benefit package includes a retirement plan, group health and life insurance plans, worker's compensation, vacation, sick leave, and other benefits.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to non-discrimination on the basis of race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, age, sexual orientation, or other non-merit reasons (including employment of disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era). EEO Coordinator: Stacey M. Warner, 121 Umberger Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506. EEO Counselor: Daryl D. Buchholz, 123 Umberger Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506.
Stacey M. Warner
Leader, Extension Operations